Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 26:

March 4, 2009

NO3 <20ppm
NO2 0.5
NH3/NH4+ 0 assumed

So Nitrites are a little elevated but Nitrates are back to safe. We shall see what happens next. There has been a lot of evaporation due to the high temperature of 86 degree F. I had cleaned my Hex tanks and had a gallon left over. I decided to dump it into the tank.

The water had 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda, ¼ teaspoon Salt and ½ teaspoon Epsom Salt. This is the buffering I use for my Hex’s because of the Mystery Snails. I should never have bought them without researching first. My water is so naturally acidic it makes it hard to buffer a higher Ph. The tank seem to always be at 5.5 (Lenore) and 6.5 (Harem Tank). I don’t know why they are different they have the exact same substrate and plants and light time. Different bioload though…

Added 1/2 teaspoon Ammonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment