Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 31:

March 9, 2009

NO3 <20ppm style="font-weight: bold;">DON’T BUY DYED FISH ITS CRUEL!

Ok rant done.

So yes, they were mislabeled at $3.78 and as I said previously, the cheapest I had seen was $5. I called my LPS and found out they sell them for $2.99 when they are in stock, but they were out and they are small/young when they get them in.

When I got to Wal-Mart this morning I had some idiot who didn’t know the first thing about fish net them out and torture the poor things with his “skills”. I’ve never seen someone net and move a fish the way he did!

After he caught all they had, 8 total. I asked “how much are the Colombian Tetras anyway?” knowing full well he would have no idea what I was saying, and that they were not listed on their price list.

The only other fish listed above their tank was Flame Tetras, of which they did not have in stock. He said “they are Mixed Fruit.” I said “no they aren’t,” and ranted about what a Mixed Fruit was and showed him the Black Skirts they had. Even he could see the resemblance between the pictures of the Mixed Fruites and the Black Skirts.

Looking at the bag of 8 terrified fish, he said, “They do have red fins.” And marked them at the Flame Tetra Price. Which was only $1.67!!!

Do I feel guilty you ask? Not at all.

This is Wal-Mart and I will rip them off in order to save some innocent fish. So I find Mendal and we check out. We bought some milk, fabric softener and a 12 pack of paper towels and the total was $17 something…how is this possible you may ask? (Those of you without math skills the fish alone should have been over $14!)

While walking to the car I looked at the receipt and the clerk only charged us…

For 1 fish!!!! Did I turn around you ask? NO F-ING WAY!

HEHEHEHEHAHAHAHA

So we now have 8 jittery Colombian Tetras in The Vintage Tank that we only paid $1.67 for!!!

Next post will be how they were introduced

No comments:

Post a Comment