Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 5 Update:

February 11, 2009

Added Ammonia to the tank tonight as follows:

  • 7:45pm added 1 teaspoon of Pure Ammonia.
  • 8:45pm tested NH3/NH4+ and it showed 1.5ppm
  • I decided to check my NO2 levels again and they still showed between <0.3>
  • 9:00pm added ½ teaspoon of Pure Ammonia.
  • 9:45pm I rinsed my established Hex tank’s filter in the cycling water in hopes of adding some bacteria. I rinsed the filter in declorinated water before replacing in Hex tank and also did a partial water change to ensure that the ammonia didn't effect the tank.
  • 9:50pm tested NH3/NH4+ again and it showed 3.0 ppm.

I decided not to add any more because of not wanting to add too much. My research says to get the Ammonia levels between 3 and 5ppm. I may add more tomorrow, but am not sure as of yet.

*Note: The ammonia must be clear and nonfoaming and unscented.

No comments:

Post a Comment