Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Vintage Tank Future Residents

The Colombian Tetra


Size : Up to 2 inches (5 cm)

pH : 6 - 7

Temperature : 75°F - 80°F (24°C - 27°C)

Water Hardness : 6° to 15° dH

Lifespan : 3 - 5 years

Origin / Habitat : Colombia, South America

Tank Region : Mostly middle and bottom.

Three Line Cory


Scientific name: Corydoras trilineatus

Size:2" (5cm)

pH: 6-7.2

Temperature:22-26oC (72-79oF)

Lifespan: 3- 10+ years

Origin/Habitat: South America: Peru, Brazil, and Colombia.

Tank Region : Mostly bottom.

********

I will be adding one more type of fish but I don't know what yet. I do want to stick with a fish from the Columbia region since that seems to be a running theme here. Or at the very least South America. Some of the other fish I am interested in are White Skirt Tetras, Lemon Tetra and Rummy Nose Tetras. I also have looked at adding albino Tiger Barbs or albino Cherry Barbs, but both of these are from Asia areas which is keeping those firmly in the not sure/don't think so category.

Wish I could think of a good solo fish from South America. I would love to a single largish 3-5 inch fish as a "centerpiece". I was thinking of an Angel but turns out they aren't very solitary and the Colombians would probably munch on their fins.

More fish to come as the search continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment