Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last Resident Decided!

I have been trying to get Mendal more interested in helping develop The Vintage Tank. She appreciates the coolness of a 1970s Metalframe, and she likes to look at a pretty tank with pretty fish but she is not very active in...well any of it!

So last week we were doing a fun shopping day in Kernersville (a town 20 minutes from us) and we went to my favorite LFS and Petco. I told her the last resident was going to be her choice and that she should let me know what fish she liked.

At both stores she pointed out Pencil Fish, I believe that the LFS and Petco had different types but they looked simular. I told her that they were a great fish and there was a Dwarf Pencilfish that would fit perfectly in The Vintage Tank.

So I ordered 15 of the little guys, planning for a few causulties during transit. I also ordered 4 more Three Line Cory Cats.

The part I love is that The Vintage Tank is a true Biotope with only South American: Columbian Fish and Plants with the exception of one plant that is from Asia.

Next post is info and a picture of the Dwarf Pencilfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment